New to GSPs

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: GSP: Puff Diddy
GSP: Julia *RIP*
GSP: Nan
2 ocellaris clowns (Fred & Ginger), Yellow Watchman goby (Snape) & fine-striped pistol shrimp (Blondie), lawnmower blenny (Lennie *RIP*), mandarin (Po), tailspot blenny (Basil), longnose hawkfish (Fergus), flame hawkfish (Carol), fromia (Peach), Springeri damsel (Neil)

CUC: tuxedo urchin (Spike), electric blue hermit (Hagrid), 3 turbo snails, turban snail, orange lip conch (Ron), 5 scarlet leg hermits, purple acro crab (Spot)*RIP*.
Location (country): Canada (Vancouver)

New to GSPs

Post by Maggiec »

Hello everyone. I had set up a tank again for goldfish but became intrigued with puffers while browsing around the local store. After reading up on them, I finally gave in and got a pair of GSPs. They were alone in their tank & cuddled close together so I had to take them both:). So I've had them for just over a month and with the help of a lot of info here, I've managed to keep them happy. I'm gradually increasing the salinity though I am still of the mind that I'd like to keep a brackish tank. They were about 1" when purchased but I swear they're bigger every time I see them, so that tank upgrade looks to be necessary much sooner than I thought :D

Here they are begging for more food. They have such endearing personalities.
image.jpg
Names are Puff Daddy and Julia (after Julia Roberts whose teeth came to mind). I had no idea re their gender when naming them but now I wonder if Julia is indeed female. She gets incredibly round in her belly after a meal, while Puff gets bigger in a more streamlined submarine shape. Anyone have thoughts on this?

They like to be together (for the first couple of days they really stuck close) except sometimes she shoos him away during feeding

Here is Julia after a meal
image.jpg
I'm so fond of them and busily planning towards a bigger permanent home for them :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.