10 gallon tank

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
moh
Dwarf Puffer
Location (country): United States, Illinois

Re: 10 gallon tank

Post by moh »

The Auriglobus species both show 20 gallon in the pufferpedia as well? As well as the red eye species and fangs
20 gallon: Attempting live plants. AC 50. Small gravel substrate. Current LED Light + set on plant setting 8 hours daily. Driftwood and rainbow stone.

10 gallon: Aqueon Quiet flow 20. Blue pet store gravel. Crown tail betta (walmart rescue).
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Ariglobus puffers are so cool! They remind me of a FW filefish. What about the dwarf red eyes?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
moh
Dwarf Puffer

Post by moh »

I want something active.. the red eyes arent as active sadly. Dont the red eyes and golden puffers get to the same size if not a little bigger than a fang?
20 gallon: Attempting live plants. AC 50. Small gravel substrate. Current LED Light + set on plant setting 8 hours daily. Driftwood and rainbow stone.

10 gallon: Aqueon Quiet flow 20. Blue pet store gravel. Crown tail betta (walmart rescue).
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Red eyes are quite active! I actually gave away my 1st turgidus (very similar to Fang's), because he never left his cave. I do have a new one now who is quite personable but does still spend most of his time in his cave, too. Dwarf red eye species only grow to about 2". I am rethinking the size tank I had my Golden in--I'm thinking it was a 20 long.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

moh
Dwarf Puffer

Post by moh »

I geuss my confusion stems from the tank requirments. I understand puffs are dirty, but if they only get 2 or 3 inches and the filter can handle the bio load, then if the tank is 8 times their size in length, I just think that would be suitable. Not being argumentative.. just confused, and it doesnt help that Im new to this hobby. I feel like I almost wish I hadnt fallen so much in love with puffers.. a community tank seems like its be less constricting.. I just dont really care for many community fish.

If the red eyes only get 2" would it be reasonable to put more than 1 in there? I do like the striped red eyes.. but the puffer pedia says they get bigger than 2"?

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

They are VERY aggressive towards each other. I had a female who killed 2 of the 3 males I added with her in 1 night. After breeding with the other 3x, she killed him too!

moh
Dwarf Puffer

Post by moh »

So basically I can only get a single f8 or 3 dwarves or a single red eye (which is impossible to find) Im starting to think Ill just not set the 15 up :/ Im not a big community fish type person.