Ceylons and GSPs

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Ceylons and GSPs

Post by Pufferpunk »

We are not attacking, we are correcting.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Terrance
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
Location (country): USA

Post by Terrance »

PufferBabe wrote:how does a sick man like that have to do with fish keeping? hmm..i dont think so. how dare you compare my fish keeping with a sick @*%%*# like that. honestly i dont know why i keep myself on this forum all you people are doing is attacking me. this is unbealiveable....
Sorry for making you feel that way. Many members here are hardcore puffer keepers. I think you're getting the best advice in the world about puffers right here on this forum. There are probably many more members who look at this thread and feel that you're providing an inadequate tank. Perhaps you could do a bit more research about SW GSP setups and compare them to your own setup. There are always a reason for doing this or that, and why something is good or bad. It's the keepers job to learn and understand these reasons.
Kind regards,
Terrance
localchili
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Kirby, Green Spotted Puffer
Toaster (The Brave Little), Figure 8
Location (country): United States

Post by localchili »

If seen this post earlier, I would have attacked you..with compliments. :D I know what you mean PB. I read posts on here that can be rude but the majority of them have good intentions. Ultimately it's your tank, your money and your choice. The only thing that people should care about is that you're taking your puffers well-being into account. Just remember:

(I couldn't find a motivational puffer poster, I'm sorry)
PufferBabe
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 4 green spotted puffers:

Izze, Nemo, Calogero, Capone.

1 f8:

fernando :)

1 Dp:

Bambina :)
Location (country): callifornia

Post by PufferBabe »

localchili wrote:If seen this post earlier, I would have attacked you..with compliments. :D I know what you mean PB. I read posts on here that can be rude but the majority of them have good intentions. Ultimately it's your tank, your money and your choice. The only thing that people should care about is that you're taking your puffers well-being into account. Just remember:

(I couldn't find a motivational puffer poster, I'm sorry)
lol..finally someone who is polite and sees things on everyside of the 'topic' :D
*The Oceans work is Never Done.
localchili
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Kirby, Green Spotted Puffer
Toaster (The Brave Little), Figure 8
Location (country): United States

Post by localchili »

PufferBabe wrote:lol..finally someone who is polite and sees things on everyside of the 'topic' :D
They all see every side of the topic! PP and Terrance were 100% correct.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I don't sugar-coat my advice & I don't apologize for it.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
sarina23
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: One 3" GSP named Puffy, One Ceylon named Valentine, a Knight Goby & a Florida Flag Fish

Post by sarina23 »

My flag fish and gobie were given to my friend who has taken wonderful care of them for the last couple years.

I was just answering a question regarding GSPs & Ceylons because I have and love them. They are happy, bright and wonderful fish. Also, the tank size for my puffers right now is perfect. In 6 months to a year they will probably be in a larger tank as my friend is getting rid of his 90g and 120g. Even if he wasn't I would probably upgrade. But what I find funny is how a positive message got turned into a negative one and how there were no question regarding the size, only the assumption that others are not as smart as some you, the ones with "almighty fish keeper" tone. You don't have to hate on everyone, especially for questions being asked. Why not send your negativity to walmart for killing GSPs on a daily basis, not people who keep and love their puffers. It seems to me some of you are looking for a negative opportunity to show how much bigger your puffer education boner is. I will never understand the need to bash others asking puffer questions on a forum dedicated to puffers. Better yet, compare their fish keeping to disgusting acts of immorality.

Classy!
Sarina
PufferBabe
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 4 green spotted puffers:

Izze, Nemo, Calogero, Capone.

1 f8:

fernando :)

1 Dp:

Bambina :)
Location (country): callifornia

Post by PufferBabe »

i totally agree with you. i LOVE my puffers and i would do anything for them. and honestly people here are like that and its messed up because everyone here is just trying to take good care of their puffers...it seems as if they get crazy on us for having a 75 gallon with 3 GSPs...some people are just rude. how could they compare my fish keeping with such a sick person...so wrong.
*The Oceans work is Never Done.
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

PufferBabe wrote:how does a sick man like that have to do with fish keeping? hmm..i dont think so. how dare you compare my fish keeping with a sick @*%%*# like that. honestly i dont know why i keep myself on this forum all you people are doing is attacking me. this is unbealiveable....

They are not attacking you. They are just trying to help. I had no idea that you had only 3 GSPs, as your profile does say 4. We all care about the puffers in everyone's care here, so they are trying to give you the best possible advice to help you succeed in the long run. Also, J-P did comment saying that the analogy was bad form.

With all due respect, the snap at Hadla was just rude, as she was only trying to help.

Just for future posts, if you plan to upgrade, which it does sound like you do "In 6 months to a year they will probably be in a larger tank as my friend is getting rid of his 90g and 120g. Even if he wasn't I would probably upgrade." Please say so. It's a forum and all we read is text, so connotation doesn't carry over well, so even if it's a tiny detail to you, it may be a huge important fact for us, so please spell it all out for us so there is no confusion. =)
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

^ everyone here wants your puffers to do well just as bad as you do. this isnt just about conditions people think are best or they think the puffer would do best in. they know what your puffer needs to do best, and they also know that most likely you were given wrong information from pet stores or other hobbyists. no one here was trying to attack you in any way, some posts just come off strong since you cant express emotion through text. people also could have really jumped on your for saying you will upgrade as your fish need it, but in reality almost everyone here knows that "upgrading as necessary" is a sure formula for stunting your fish(to an extent). thats why we are so adamant about tank sizes, compensating for tankmates when getting a tank etc. the only time i feel that "upgrading when necessary" is acceptable, is when you have a 2-4" fahaka in a 75 with plans to upgrade to full size within a mere 2-3 months

they simply wont grow if ideal conditions arent given, whether you see it as bad conditions or not. example: you could have a 1" GSP in a 10 gallon and want to upgrade when he gets bigger, only you didnt give him a chance to get bigger because the 10 gallons is already polluted quicker than you can keep up on the water changes. again, everyone wants your puffer to have a happy life, no attacks just puffer love :D