My First GSP!

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Cel
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

My First GSP!

Post by Cel »

Everyone, meet Matcha!
Matcha is in a 36 gallon tank with mangroves growing out the back. There's a custom lid I made that allows the mangroves to grow out and keep Matcha in! There's also some java fern, a marimo ball, and another aquatic plant I forget the name of.

After about a month of cycling, I added Tetra Safe Start and the water quality is solid:
0 Ammonia
0 Nitrite
8 PH
5.0 Nitrate
1.005 Salinity
78 Degree Water

I've had Match for four days.
Should I still do a water change in a week's time and add Prime to the water? Or, should I wait a little longer so that I don't kill off beneficial bacteria? Thanks for the tips!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: My First GSP!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Tank looks great & Matcha looks very healthy! Are there places for him to swim thru?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Cel
Puffer Fry

Post by Cel »

Thanks! Yes, there's little tunnels in the white "trunk" decoration. I also notice him swimming through the root branches that I have stacked in the middle. I'll be sure to rearrange the decor with water changes.
I've been feeding him pond snails (the ram horn snails I have or too big so they lucked out), blood worms, brine shrimp and I'm going to pick up clams on a half shell today.
Cel
Puffer Fry

Post by Cel »

I'll be skipping a feeding day on Mondays and I'm making sure to feed him only enough to get a healthy, rounded belly. I'm also thinking of raising the salinity to 1.008 over the course of two weeks and keep it there till he gets a little older.