New Fish

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
DwarfPuffersss
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

New Fish

Post by DwarfPuffersss »

Hello! I recently got my figure eight. He seems to enjoy his tank. When asked what he was fed I was old he could eat freeze-dried krill and clams on the half shell. He seems to love the krill but is confused by the clam. I dropped the clam in and he didn't eat it. I held the clam out on my tweezers (which he takes the krill from), and he went to the other side of the tank. I even took some clam meat out, and he "sniffed" it, but ran away after a second. Can he live with just krill??

Thank You!

And on a side note, I read your article, "Alone but Not Lonely", but I was wondering if a few BBGs could go in the tank with him. He seems to be very calm-tempered, but that could be because he has been in the tank less than a week. I want to wait till his personality comes out and I can make a good decision, but I heard if they aren't together since childhood, they could end up eating and be seen as food. And I also looked at my LFS briefly and they have the bumblebee gobies housed in fresh with dwarf puffers!!! Barely a 1/4 inch long! I'm scared that they will become food, and would rather not take the chance and roll the dice.

Thank You!!!!!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: New Fish

Post by Pufferpunk »

My F8s ate the BBGs with them. What size is the tank?
library/puffers-in-focus/fig8/
library/feeding/feeding-your-puffers/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
DwarfPuffersss
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Post by DwarfPuffersss »

It's a 29g. I thought BBGS would be the safest bet, but now that I think about they have the same small shape as the krill fed to him :-|. So I will just not.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Make sure krill is fed sparingly--vary the diet.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"