HELP!

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Clayton_p
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States, St.Louis Missouri

HELP!

Post by Clayton_p »

My name is Clayton, my dad had a fish tank for me when I was younger. I never had anything to do with it including setup, cleaning etc. recently I went to a fish store and they had leopard/ green spotted puffers. I asked all about them and they gave me a tank kit. It came with tank filter and I bought rocks and decorations. They told me let it cycle for a day and come back. So I did I got the puffers not knowing anything but what they told me. I’ve now had the tank for 4 days, I have two leopard puffers. My tank now has a very light cloudy hue to it with a film like with small bubbles at the top. I’ve done a fifty percent water change and nothing. I did add marine salt to make the water brackish. I’ve very worried about my puffers not because they seem in bad health but I care about them. They are active and swim around a lot and like there caves in lights out time, although the seem to only want to use one gill. I’m really trying my best for my new friends but I’m beginning to think it’s my fault if something happens to them. Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: HELP!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Oh gosh, you have been given horrible advice, I would never shop there again!
Here are a couple of articles to read:
library/tnk-mgr/newtanksyndroments/
library/water-filtration/fishless-cycling/
library/water-filtration/emergencycycle/
library/puffers-in-focus/an-introductio ... d-puffers/

After reading these, let me know if you have more questions.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"