salivator W/Eggs

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
poffer
Puffer Fry

salivator W/Eggs

Post by poffer »

I have a female salivator with a large stomach. Has been like this for about five days. hasnt been fed much and there are two other females in the tank and a male. does anyone know the breeding process for salivators? I expect it is similar to lorteti. does anyone have any experiece in breeding lorteti? are the eggs fertilizes after they have been laid?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

My male lorteti started swimming in a a circle, in an almost violent dance around the female--ramming her , until she released her eggs into a plant. He went over them & fertilized them. That's as far as I got. The fry were too tiny to feed.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Post by manutius »

Would micorworm be a suitable food for the fry?
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Several puffers require infusoria/rotifers as first food - a bit of a chore to establish in quantity, and not possible in the time after egg-deposition. If the pair spwns regularly, you could do the food setups needed and keep them going until they are required.
Where's the fish? - Neptune