Eggy silus?

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Eggy silus?

Post by Boxermom »

Do you suppose its possible one of my silus is full of eggs? It looks like it has eaten too much or has puffed, onlly I'm careful about not overfeeding and its been this way for a couple of weeks now. I'll try to get a pic but its very shy.
Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
The Fisherman
Fahaka Puffer

Post by The Fisherman »

Yeah, I think its possible. Keep us updated :)
-John
OraLacerta
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Tetraodon biocellatus.
RIP: C. travancoricus, Chilomycterus schoepfi. Canthigaster jactator.
Location (country): USA

Post by OraLacerta »

I think it's possible, and since you definitely know how much to feed, there must be some reason that puff is plump!
*Crossing my fingers for some eggs!*
-Michelle

Prevent unnecessary deaths due to disease- quarantine ALL new additions at least 4 weeks in a separate tank before adding to your main display tank!

Puffers: Hindenburg the Figure Eight, 75gallon Brackish
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

Not sure what to do if it is eggs, since anytime it gets put with the other one, it immediately attacks it. Unless it goes in for Klingon courtship, I don't think there's much of a chance of fertilizing the eggs. :D
Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
OraLacerta
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Tetraodon biocellatus.
RIP: C. travancoricus, Chilomycterus schoepfi. Canthigaster jactator.
Location (country): USA

Post by OraLacerta »

Haha! Well, I guess that's a little too dangerous for the puffers to satify our curiousity. Too bad though!
-Michelle

Prevent unnecessary deaths due to disease- quarantine ALL new additions at least 4 weeks in a separate tank before adding to your main display tank!

Puffers: Hindenburg the Figure Eight, 75gallon Brackish
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

I know, it really is a shame. I'm starting to think that with the immediate attack like that, and I mean within seconds of being together, maybe they're both the same sex. Wish they were more clearly marked M and F. :D
Tina

manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Post by manutius »

yeha they should wear badges or something. One thing to look for is if the otherone scratches excessively in the morning its probably male ::P:
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

Ok, here are some picture of her. She's been like this for a couple of months now and isn't getting any smaller. I don't overfeed her and she's not puffed up. Dunno what it is other than being egg bound. She's not as active as she used to be and is a little more skittish. Advice?

Tina

manutius
Former Staff Member

Post by manutius »

good pics but I'm unabel to offer any ideas I'm afraid. Are you positive its not stuck puffed up?
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

Nope, its not. When she puffs, she looks different.
Tina

manutius
Former Staff Member

Post by manutius »

Ok, I am flummoxed but then that not too dificult
The Fisherman
Fahaka Puffer

Post by The Fisherman »

Is she still fat like in the pics?

It does look like she could be *partially* puffed, but unlikely. Does look a bit like my modestus when he had lots of weight on.
-John
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

No, she's slimmed down quite a bit. I think she was just obese and needed to go on a diet. :)
Tina