Figure Eight Puffer Mystery

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
OraLacerta
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Tetraodon biocellatus.
RIP: C. travancoricus, Chilomycterus schoepfi. Canthigaster jactator.
Location (country): USA

Post by OraLacerta »

:lol: LMAO Rusty!! I was a little late reading your thread (college, life... you know how it is), but how true...

Fella- Do you mean the stats @ the time of the laying? I listed those in the beginning of the thread,
here they are: SG 1.007, pH 7.8, Diet of live snails weekly, SF Bay frozen foods (Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, Krill, Blood Worms, Brine Shrimp, Mussels, Plankton, Squid). The nitrates/nitrites never get very high, and the stats I listed during the laying were 0 nitrate/nitrite.

TFM- Thanks, I just wish I could have done more to make those eggs hatch! I guess I can't ask for everything ;) Hopefully this experience will help other people to breed & maybe even successfully raise figure eight fry. :D
-Michelle

Prevent unnecessary deaths due to disease- quarantine ALL new additions at least 4 weeks in a separate tank before adding to your main display tank!

Puffers: Hindenburg the Figure Eight, 75gallon Brackish
Chepri
Puffer Fry

Re: Figure Eight Puffer Mystery

Post by Chepri »

I was thinking about getting a couple of figure eight puffer fish. And I was wondering how big your tank is. And do you still have a photo of how it used to look when you got the eggs?
tnx. ^^
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Figure Eight Puffer Mystery

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
This thread if from 2006 & that person doesn't post here much. I'm going to lock this thread & you can post this Q again, seperately.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"