red eye red tail laid eggs

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
RLHirth
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 2 red tailed red eye puffers (male and female)
Location (country): USA

red eye red tail laid eggs

Post by RLHirth »

so i now have eggs!!! got home from work and they must of spawned over night or before i got home!!!
the eggs are just is the sand at the front of the tank!!! the weird thing is i just treated for ich! i had endlers that brought it into the tank and i treated, raised the temp and added a little aquarium salt (killing 90% of my plants) on Tuesday treatment was over and i took out all the dead plants and did a huge water change!!! last night neither really ate each maybe 2 brine shrimp!!! and they can usually kill at least half a cube!!!

they have been in this tank for 8 months now, and i did notice the female eating a little more of late!! but never thought this, specially after doing the ich treatment!!!

so i am completely not prepared AT ALL!!! if they are fertile, what should i do!

i assume this batch is doomed!!!

female seems to be staying close but male is not!!!!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: red eye red tail laid eggs

Post by Pufferpunk »

Not much you can do, it's almost impossible to come up with food tiny enough to feed the fry.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
RLHirth
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 2 red tailed red eye puffers (male and female)
Location (country): USA

Re: red eye red tail laid eggs

Post by RLHirth »

No one is fanning the eggs so I assume they were not fertilized. And the female has ate a couple while I was watching