tetraodon cutcutia eggs

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
tetraodon_cutcutia
Puffer Fry
Location (country): bulgaria

tetraodon cutcutia eggs

Post by tetraodon_cutcutia »

Hallo,I am new to puffers and I realy need help.This morning I found eggs on the leef of my anubias.I don't know what to do next.help :(
I have them from 2 months,feeding bloodworms,frozen shrimp,and some snails.I keep water temperature 25 C

ug.php/v/User_Galleries/tetraodon_cutcu ... 8.JPG.html

ug.php/v/User_Galleries/tetraodon_cutcu ... 3.JPG.html

ug.php/v/User_Galleries/tetraodon_cutcu ... 4.JPG.html

ug.php/v/User_Galleries/tetraodon_cutcu ... 3.JPG.html

ug.php/v/User_Galleries/tetraodon_cutcu ... 9.JPG.html
Last edited by tetraodon_cutcutia on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Re: tetraodon cutcutia eggs

Post by J-P »

Congrats on your first post and the eggs!

(finally) haha

I hope you can get the help you need soon.

Please reply with feeding habbits, water temp, tank size etc... that way we can all learn :)
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
tetraodon_cutcutia
Puffer Fry
Location (country): bulgaria

Post by tetraodon_cutcutia »

the tank is about 18 gallon.
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Post by J-P »

cool beautiful set up and congrats!
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Post by Myaj »

Very nice! I'm going to move this to the breeding section of the forum, or it will quickly get buried by other posts.

The hard part about breeding puffers (once you get a pair to mate without killing each other of course) is raising and feeding all those babies.

I know its a different species, but check out this article about raising arrowhead fry:
library/puffers-in-focus/suvattibreeding/

It might give you some ideas on what to prepare for when it comes to food and grow out tanks.. assuming they do hatch.

Basic egg hatching though, says if you see any fungus growing on them, remove the fungused eggs before it spreads to others. It looks like the parents are doing a good job of guarding and fanning them (water movement is pretty important).

Hopefully someone else will have better advice for you!
Homer
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: 200G - 1X Fahaka Puffer
60G - Planted Tank (Panda Loaches / Celestial Pearl Danios / Clown Killi / CRS / Needle Nose Pike)
50G - Planted Tank (CRS only tank)
Location (country): Hong Kong

Post by Homer »

If you've never tried raising baby brine shrimp before, i would suggest trying it now... i only say this coz i've been in your position before, and by the time i got around to getting the stuff and trying to hatch them it was too late and i lost all my fry... mainly due to not being able to get the BB Shrimp to hatch...

when my puffers mated a 2nd time I managed to get some freshly frozen BB shrimp from one LFS which i used to feed the try, that worked for a little while, but i'm guessing due to the lack of nutrition or maybe water conditions /fighting all but a few (less than 10) fry died after 2 weeks... then about 3-4 weeks later the rest also slowly died off one by one...

So all i can say is be sure to have all the basics prepared before hand so that your not caught off guard if/when the fry hatch... for my palembangs it around 7 days for them to start hatching and by day 10 more or less all of the eggs had hatched...

Hope that helps a little and good luck with it all...

P.S. also just so you know, BBS don't live long, so be prepared to have to get cultures going maybe every 2-3 days apart... since i'm also guessing if they (the shrimp) mature too fast they may get too large for your fry to eat..
Sleep is the cousin of Death...
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Great 1st post!
A few Qs:
Do you have a make in there?
How long have you had the puffer/s?

If there is a male, I'm afraid that tank is way too small for the 2 of them. It's the male who takes care of the eggs. If there is a male, does he look like he's fanning them? If he is caring for them, I'd move the female out ASAP, as it is very possible he'll attack her is she goes near them.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"