Hairy Puffer Breeding

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Re: Hairy Puffer Breeding

Post by manutius »

That's a terrible shame, if you really want to breed them then I think you would need more but then there are the issues of introducing the new arrivals to established territories :? I would be tempted to leave these 2 in the store and try a new group for the breeding project
cobra1713
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by cobra1713 »

ive alwaysbeen told (now dont know if it really helps) that if you have a territorial fish and you want to add a new fish you should change the decorations around or even change the decorations entirly the same time you add the new fish in hopes that both the new fish and the old fish will be thinking the are in a new tank and both be at getting their own territories established rather than the old one already having his territory esablished and the new one having to fight for territory. dont know if it actually helps ive never ran into the problem but it might be worth a shot if you decide to add more hairy puffers,

wats the worst that happens i mean you get a new looking tank and maybe happier puffers.
60g with 2 angels, 1 yoyo loach, Upside down catfish, Clown Loach, 1 leopard Ctenopoma, 12 black skirt tetras and a L201 Pleco

30g GSP tank (soon to be 35 gal Hex)
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Post by Myaj »

How are you sexing the suvatti?
NoFace
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Fahaka, 12 Dwarf Puffers, 4 Sap.

Post by NoFace »

OKay so i have got 3 hairy puffers now, one with a fungus on which i am trying to save again.... but i think these ones might be a sub species and maybe a cross of hairy puffer and suvatti's because they look like suvattis but with hair around the mouth, the last batch we had in was covered in hair but these guys are not, so its got me thinking.

Post by cobra1713 »

can you get some pictures up? they sound sweet
60g with 2 angels, 1 yoyo loach, Upside down catfish, Clown Loach, 1 leopard Ctenopoma, 12 black skirt tetras and a L201 Pleco

30g GSP tank (soon to be 35 gal Hex)