Schoudenti breeding

Are your puffers feeling a little naughty & lil ones are the result? Post your findings here!
Bong,JamesBong
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Schoudenti breeding

Post by Bong,JamesBong »

Hi has anyone here had any experience with breeding t. Schoudenti? It looks like 1 have 1 small Male with 2 large females, that have apparently recently mated.

After mating took place how long if successful, would it take to see fry? Do I need to do anything in regards to separating the parents? I have a small 20 gallon that I attached a pic of, do you think that'll be enough to house the babies for a while, while i figure out what to do with them. How many fry should I expect to see? Any special dietary requirements for the fry and parents?

I have the puffers housed in a community tank, with some ottos, saes, and some dwarf cichlids. I know most of those fish would need to be removed now.

Sorry for all the questions, I wasnt planning on them breeding so I'm just looking for as much info I can for now, and to br ready if I need to be. I appreciate any help thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Schoudenti breeding

Post by Pufferpunk »

Do a search here, there are several people breeding them now.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Yor
Puffer Fry
Location (country): The Netherlands

Post by Yor »

I have never seen these or heard of the Schoudenti? I heard that Aquaruim coop has them, but could not find anything on the internet. Are you sure it's not the Schoutedeni?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Misspell?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"