Comet vs Puffer - taking bets now

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
perek
Green Spotted Puffer

Comet vs Puffer - taking bets now

Post by perek »

I just went to the LFS to pic up plants for my Turg's tank. While there I thought it would be a neat experiment to see how long a comet goldfish could live in the tank before being killed/eaten. :twisted:

How long will they last?
1 hour
4 hours
12 hours?

I will post my findings :D
Pamela
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by Pamela »

Right, that does it. Dude...I'm getting upset with your attitude towards these creatures who are supposed to be in your care. You've made comments about "chucking" fish previously kept in freahwater into brackish tanks, and feeding semi-frozen food.
It's not Fight Club, these animals have no say in what happens to them, and as hobbyists, we're supposed to replicate and replace natural conditions as far as we're able, and you are playing fast and loose here, causing distress to your animals and offence to your fellow forum members.
That goldfish is most likely freshwater, so will suffer even before he gets eaten, not to mention the fact that he may transmit parasites to your gsp...goldfish are NOT their natural food, so don't put one in the tank with your gsp.
My lfs will not sell me any invertebrates, as they know I'm a puffer keeper, and I think that's admirable...they said it would stress the inverts to be in with predators.
It's ok breeding your own snails etc, as that's what the puffs would eat anyway, and you're putting the needs of your primary fish first, but don't do it as a laugh. I'm growing some triops at the mo..they're cannibals, and will eat their siblings, so getting eaten by puffers will be relatively quick, and in line with the fate they expect, as it were.
Taking a poll is in bad taste, and I shouldn't imagine you'll get many responses. There's a wealth of experience on this forum, and if you're serious about this hobby start taking heed and having respect for the lives in your tanks, or find another forum.
Pami.
perek
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by perek »

Sheesh calm down. Its a FRESH WATER tank with T. TURGIDUS who eats fish. I'm not torturing anything.