Dwarf Puffer Lighting/Subtrate?

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
timehalt
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Dwarf Puffer Lighting/Subtrate?

Post by timehalt »

Hi all,

I have a 10 gallon tank that I have set up for 2 dwarf puffers (tank is currently cycling). I got the Marina LED 10 gallon kit and it only has one daytime light, it's not super bright but it is bright. I also went with fake plants and white small-rock gravel. Will any of this be problematic for my two puffers? I have many fake plants and I am ordering some more, along with 2 small caves. I have an aqua clear 30 running on the lowest flow, which should definitely be enough filtration as long as they don't dislike the current.

Any help is appreciated!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Dwarf Puffer Lighting/Subtrate?

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
It sounds like you will have a lovely, inviting tank for your puffers! Although they do prefer to live in groups, you may be OK if they are 2 females.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
timehalt
Puffer Fry

Post by timehalt »

Thanks! I have been debating between putting in 1, 2, or 3 puffers for the past week. 1 seems like the safest but I don't want to have all this decor for nothing. And I just assumed 3 in a 10 gallon would be a bit tight. Would male + female not be ok?
timehalt
Puffer Fry

Post by timehalt »

Pufferpunk wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:08 am [welcome]
It sounds like you will have a lovely, inviting tank for your puffers! Although they do prefer to live in groups, you may be OK if they are 2 females.
Has there been any experiences of LEDs being too bright for DPs? The tank came with a LED and I couldn't find a wattage anywhere. I'm worried that the LED + white gravel will be too bright for them, but not sure if that's a thing.