Guppies bullying my mini puffer...

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
PonyoPufferMommy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guppies bullying my mini puffer...

Post by PonyoPufferMommy »

Hi everyone,
My pink Danio & black Moscow guppy (Blacky) is bullying my mini puffer (Ponyo) and my tetras. My tetras is losing its color because that blacky is picking on them and the tetras is always out of sight, they're hiding due to fear I guess. As for Ponyo, she is not hiding like the tetras, she hangs out as usual. Ponyo would just avoid Danio and Blacky when they come charging at her. Have anyone else experience this sort of opposite bullying? All of them were about the same size. I love my Ponyo the most, I really don't want my Ponyo getting hurt. I also hope that I don't have to return Blacky or Danio to the shop because they are quite a beautiful one but I only I have one fish tank. My tank have some plants and different nice spot and holes for them to hide, I don't know why they all like the same spot and starts getting territorial to get that spot, lol. Not only they bully on that same spot, they also bully at open area, the place I use to do feeding. They pick on other fish at this place even when is not feeding time. Any advise to stop the bullying? :D
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Guppies bullying my mini puffer...

Post by Pufferpunk »

Other than lots & lots of decor to break up lines of sight--no.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
PonyoPufferMommy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: Guppies bullying my mini puffer...

Post by PonyoPufferMommy »

Pufferpunk wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:10 pm Other than lots & lots of decor to break up lines of sight--no.
I see... thanks!