I finally got my irrubesco!! For real this time.

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
astrid37
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Seven T. schoutedeni
Location (country): US

Re: I finally got my irrubesco!! For real this time.

Post by astrid37 »

I'm so sorry this happened! How horrible! After all of that searching and all of your care. I can't even imagine. And to have potential irrubesco fry that close, to boot. I'm so sorry.
pufferjw
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Duboisi Puffer
Red Congo Puffer
Striped Redeye Puffer
Dwarf Puffer

Have Owned:
Amazon Puffers
Location (country): USA

Post by pufferjw »

Bleedingheartmommy wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:05 pm
pufferjw wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:50 pm
Bleedingheartmommy wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 am Pufferjw- I spoke to Steve and he said he would try to get more. He will let me know, but if you want to get it touch with him yourself feel free- it might help motivate him more if he actually sees people want them and not just taking my word for it. His personal number is on his website, tell him Leah sent you.
Thank you. He’s really close to me, only about 10 miles, so I’ve used him once before due to the speedy delivery. I’m trying to get a Carinotetraodon Salivator, but if I don’t find one I may just get an Irrubesco from him.
That’s really cool, so it sounds like he won’t do local pickup then? I must say, you have a puffer collection to be envious of... if you got a Salivator you would have all the most lusted after and hard to find. T. Duboisi are so beautiful, rare, and pricey... only FW puff to outcost them is the T. Pustulatus/Cross river, but those are the true unicorns of the hobby. Plus they are from Cameroon and a vast majority of the fraud/theft comes from that region. Mind if I ask where you found your Duboisi and what you paid?
Thank you very much, I was very excited to have found one. I got my Duboisi through a fish store near me that specializes in African freshwater. It was $800 for the fish, plus an extra $300 to treat and hold on to it until I could pick it up. And I’m looking into a Pustulatus, but I would have to either buy a new tank or get rid of my stingray. To be honest though, I’m a bigger fan of the medium sized puffers than the large ones.
220 Gallon - 1 Super White Leopoldi Stingray
55 Gallon Planted - No Fish
29 Gallon Planted - 1 Duboisi Puffer
29 Gallon - 1 Red Congo Puffer
pufferjw
Green Spotted Puffer
Red Congo Puffer
Striped Redeye Puffer
Dwarf Puffer

Have Owned:
Amazon Puffers

Post by pufferjw »

Bleedingheartmommy wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:46 am Omg that reminds me, I’m so busy being heartbroken over the loss of my female I have forgotten about the male having IPS.

I desperately need advice, with treating Clyde. He likely has the same load going on as Bonnie did- how should I continue forward? Should I only treat at 1/2 dose? Is one IP med more gentle then the rest?!? He’s bulky and seems very healthy, but I know that can change quickly.
And I’m really sorry for your loss. For internal parasites, soak his favorite food in PraziPro for about half an hour. You may need to repeat a couple times, but I’ve had success after just one go.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

What IP meds do you have on hand? Just soak the food in it & feed strictly medicated foods for the next 3 days.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

I’m looking into a Pustulatus
My dream puffer! Please let me know if you find one!!! :hyper:
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

I have most all. Prazi, metro, levamisole, and fenbendazole. On the small puffs I like using the fenbend powder bc they don’t eat as much and I find it’s easy to get the right amount of meds into the food and into them. I was just wondering if one of them is better for using in a situation where the load is heavy, as I’m now worried about the ammonia from the large ammt of dead worms poisoning my little red eye.

pufferjw- I agree with the size, I like small-medium size puffers. Even the DPs are too small for me, I like Cochin and Miurus sizes puffers, and obviously the Schoutedeni. The pustulatus is a little too big for me, however I love stingrays... doubt I’ll ever be able to keep a tank large enough to house one happily though. Any pics of your Signata?
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown
pufferjw
Green Spotted Puffer
Red Congo Puffer
Striped Redeye Puffer
Dwarf Puffer

Have Owned:
Amazon Puffers

Post by pufferjw »

Bleedingheartmommy wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:17 pm pufferjw- I agree with the size, I like small-medium size puffers. Even the DPs are too small for me, I like Cochin and Miurus sizes puffers, and obviously the Schoutedeni. The pustulatus is a little too big for me, however I love stingrays... doubt I’ll ever be able to keep a tank large enough to house one happily though. Any pics of your Signata?
Yeah, here's a pic from a few weeks ago (I've fattened him up since, and he's a bit paler than usual since I just did a water change before taking it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pufferjw
Green Spotted Puffer
Red Congo Puffer
Striped Redeye Puffer
Dwarf Puffer

Have Owned:
Amazon Puffers

Post by pufferjw »

Pufferpunk wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:12 pm
I’m looking into a Pustulatus
My dream puffer! Please let me know if you find one!!! :hyper:
Yeah I will, haven't been looking too seriously though. Personally, my Duboisi and red Congo were the only two species I've been dying to have. If I do decide to get one however, do you think it would be alright with a spotted gar in my 187?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

I'm hoping, yes, as long as it's too large for the gar to eat.