Puffer ID and feeding question

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Mallowpuff
Puffer Fry
Location (country): US

Puffer ID and feeding question

Post by Mallowpuff »

Last week I visited a fish store in our area I had never been to before looking for something interesting. That's when I spotted these little puffers. I knew just a little about them, but not much, so I talked to the guy who ran the store. Long story short he called them bb puffers, said that they only needed flake food and were super easy to care for. However, after a very short amount of research I found out pretty much everything he said wasn't quite right. Anyways, we've got them on the correct diet and I've added even more plants to their tank (We have an endless supply of java ferns and anubis from our main tank). They've actually grown quite a little bit since I got them and their patterns have gotten more noticeable.

My questions are:
They look like pea puffers, I think. However one is getting very yellow and more patterned and the is just getting bigger and browner. Could they be different species? Is it male/female?

My other question is how often do I feed them? I don't want to over feed, but I can't seem to find anything on how much and often to feed these little guys.

Here are a couple pictures
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Puffer ID and feeding question

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Mallowpuff
Puffer Fry
Location (country): US

Re: Puffer ID and feeding question

Post by Mallowpuff »

Thanks pufferpunk!