Dwarf Puffer

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Zel_the_puffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Dwarf Puffer

Post by Zel_the_puffer »

PLEASE HELP!!!
I got a pea puffer about 3-4 weeks ago and everything has been fine. From what I could tell she was healthy and she was eating. I was feeding her live black worms, but they died and it looked like i had barely made a dent. I didnt want to waste all that money just so most of them could die. I bought frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp 5-6 days ago and tried go get her to eat those. The first day she had a litrle trouble eating them because they wouldnt rip. I gave her a smaller piece and she was fine. But ever since then she will not eat. She doesnt even look at them. Its like she's blind. But I know she can see because whenever I put my hand on the tank or put the vacuum in, she sees it and swims away. Yesterday i went and bought freeze dried blood worms, which i know they dont typically eat, but i was desperate. She wont look at those either. The closest place to get live blackworms is an hour away. PLEASE HELP ME. I'm very scared for her.
Lev1te
Puffer Fry
Location (country): West Virginia, United States of America

Re: Dwarf Puffer

Post by Lev1te »

I know my puffer won't eat much as well. You could try to soak the frozen blood worms in garlic to see if it will take them since it had at least eaten a bit before. Another option is to try to get some snails. Alot of stores will have some pest snails that they may be willing to give you. Anyone you know locally, or even some of the lfs employees, with a planted tank may have pest snails as well.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Dwarf Puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"