Help! New dwarf puffer hasnt eaten in 2 weeks

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
brandilee369
Puffer Fry
Location (country): US

Help! New dwarf puffer hasnt eaten in 2 weeks

Post by brandilee369 »

Hello, my husband recently brought home the cutest little green spotted dwarf puffer and the poor thing hasnt eaten since the second day shes been with us. Ive tried everything i can think of. We have a zebra danio thats been with us for about a year and a few different types of snails and 2 ghost shrimp. Water tests fine ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10. I did a 25% water change and a filter and carbon change a few days ago and rearranged our tank because i thought the new enviorment wasnt making our little puffer happy. I started a parasite treatment yesterday just for safe measure but im worried the poor thing is going to starve to death shes soo skinny. Ive tried pest snails, frozen and live bloodworms w/ garlic and w/o, ive tried freeze dried shrimp and nothing seems to be appetizing to her. She seems to be swimming around fine even plays in the air bubble current but just will not eat :( any help/advice/thoughts is appreciated for i am at a loss and it would break my heart for our newest fish family member to not make it. Thanks in advance!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Help! New dwarf puffer hasnt eaten in 2 weeks

Post by Pufferpunk »

What foods exactly have you tried?

Live foods are best to get them interested.
library/feeding/problems-feeding-your-puffer/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"