Dwarf puffers

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: GSP: Puff Diddy
GSP: Julia *RIP*
GSP: Nan
2 ocellaris clowns (Fred & Ginger), Yellow Watchman goby (Snape) & fine-striped pistol shrimp (Blondie), lawnmower blenny (Lennie *RIP*), mandarin (Po), tailspot blenny (Basil), longnose hawkfish (Fergus), flame hawkfish (Carol), fromia (Peach), Springeri damsel (Neil)

CUC: tuxedo urchin (Spike), electric blue hermit (Hagrid), 3 turbo snails, turban snail, orange lip conch (Ron), 5 scarlet leg hermits, purple acro crab (Spot)*RIP*.
Location (country): Canada (Vancouver)

Dwarf puffers

Post by Maggiec »

So...I had this 10 gal tank to house some of my daughter's baby guppies that had since emptied out. And I saw some dwarf puffers and thought, why not back to freshwater? Anyway, they are so cute. They were a bit shy for a week or so, darting away when I approached the tank. I couldn't tell if they were eating or not but they looked good. Now they come up to the glass and stare at me intensely when I stand nearby (feed us feed us), and I am amazed at how they can eat a bloodworm as long as they are. Enormous poop too! :D So much personality in a tiny package! Love them.

I had some tiny snails in there as this tank once housed them for my GSPs, but I don't see any now. :roll:

Their names are Mike and Mary. I bought two and so far they get along, but I wonder what sex they'll turn out to be. How long do they usually take to mature enough for the telltale markings to appear? Any tankmates I can put in to diffuse aggression if it develops?

ImageUntitled by Magdaline Chu, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Magdaline Chu, on FlickrImageUntitled by Magdaline Chu, on FlickrImageUntitled by Magdaline Chu, on Flickr
Pea Sherman
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Canada

Re: Dwarf puffers

Post by Pea Sherman »

:D You can’t put any tank mates besides other dwarf puffers. Males have a black line on their bellies I could tell the gender soon as I got mine and 3 would be the limit for a 10 gallon I hope I helped :D no more then 1 male in a tank that’s what I’ve been told
:)
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Dwarf puffers

Post by Pufferpunk »

Black line isn't the surest way to sex them, only by the wrinkles behind male's eyes.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"