Fahaka not growing

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Mavada
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Minnesota

Fahaka not growing

Post by Mavada »

Hey all

I got a Fahaka puffer in February of 2016. He was around 1.5 inches. Right now he is only 5" with the tail over a year and 4 months later.

I was looking through a couple old videos and noticed he used to be thinner (and honestly healthier looking) and now he kind of just looks bloated a little bit.

He has not put on a single cm of length since at least July 2016. He looks to be the same length except slightly thinner in the video from July.

When I first got him he did end up being in a 29 gallon tank for about 2 months. I had some issues getting his 180 gallon tank ready. However for over a year now he has been in the 180 gallon tank.

It has been frustrating me for a long time now and cannot seem to figure it out. I've done a ton of research and read through all the posts about fahakas not growing and some sub species and whatnot but I really feel like it is just something I need to figure out and he will start growing again.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Fahaka not growing

Post by Pufferpunk »

Has he ever been treated for IPs? Couldn't hurt.
Also, be sure you soak all his foods in a good fish vitamin, like Vita-Chem.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"