Freshwater pufferfish in Sydney

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Nass
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Australia

Freshwater pufferfish in Sydney

Post by Nass »

Hello everyone,

Many years ago I had two wild caught marine pufferfish and they were the best and most amazing fish I have every kept. They were always happy to see me and could tell my family apart which was something I always thought was amazing for such a small fish. I am getting back into the hobby, and one of the main reasons I got out of it was because of the upkeep of a marine tank, but I think being 16 and my attention span at the time was a huge factor. I am looking at buying a new tank, minimum 3 foot in length and 2 foot square high and width.

Now, the real question, what if any freshwater puffer fish are available in Sydney? I have done some research and while they are not illegal or banned they are neither on the all clear here. The dwarf pufferfish is defiantly the fish I would like to have, how ever if there are brackish pufferfish that are available I will defiantly be putting in the effort. Are there any suppliers around in Sydney? Or am I all out of luck?

Thanks for any help you can give, look forward to talking more in the forums.
pokeystar
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka aka Mr Big Puff
2 GSP Pickle and Noodle
My children name the fish
Location (country): Ireland

Re: Freshwater pufferfish in Sydney

Post by pokeystar »

Sadly I can help but you might look on wither online fish sales or an Australian aquarium group to track down a puffer in Sydney
Nass
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Australia

Re: Freshwater pufferfish in Sydney

Post by Nass »

Thanks for that, I have had a look at every site I can find. Thinking it may not happen but want to keep my hopes up :)