DP and various Tetras?

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Jrytter
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United Kingdom

DP and various Tetras?

Post by Jrytter »

Hi,

I currently have a 60l well planted tank with 4 Neon, 2 diamond, 2 rummynose, 10 ember, 7 glowlight tetras and 7 whiteclouds. I've only had the tank a month or so, so the fish are all very small still. I'm going to be upgrading in a month or 2 dramatically to a 420l tank. I already have the 60l heavily planted with a couple of bits of drift wood with nice hollows in them as well as holes the embers can swim through. I was hoping once upgraded I could get 1-4 DPs to live in the new large tank with the tetras? I was thinking of either getting 1 on it's own or 1 male and 3 females (I've been reading!). Can anyone reassure me this set-up is not going to end in fatalities? Does anyone have anything similar? I know the DPs can have different personalities, some eat everything, some not, but I was hoping the large space and smaller quick fish would allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

James
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: DP and various Tetras?

Post by bertie 83 »

It's really touch and go to be honest. 99% of dps will nip/harass other fish. Why not put a drilled partition in the tank and have the best of both worlds?
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly