Puffer Identification

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
TOPuffers
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 3 pea puffers/dwarf puffers in a 20 G freshwater planted tank
29 G community tank with plecos, bamboo shrimp, khuli loaches, swordtails, neon tetras and apple snails
Location (country): Toronto, Canada

Re: Puffer Identification

Post by TOPuffers »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE ^_^ baby puffers, thank you for posting. I am sure you will make an awesome puffer-parent :D
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water - Loren Eiseley
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Love puffer babies! Keep the pics coming and details of the care you are providing please
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
kikukku
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: .
3x Mbu
4x Unknown
4x Asselus
20x Irrubesco
20x Adult Fahaka
0 Baby Fahaka
Location (country): Indonesia

Post by kikukku »

Hello guys, a quick update:

Unfortunately, the first (maybe not the very first) batch is a failure. They all died; leaving only 7 total; still idk what is the cause. T_T
Luckily, i have put a number of 5 to a very small tank, and they all survived. From the main tank where the eggs was laid, only 3 survived and 1 died not so long ago.
So from the first batch i have a total 7 and the're bigger now. I will post on the new thread soon

About 2 weeks after first batch, the pair laid the 2nd batch.
My mistake, i carelessly put an aerator bubble too close to the eggs location, and the male ATE the eggs. YES he ATE it!!! I thought the eggs is poisonus and they will never eat it even if the get stressful.
So i suppose the first batch is not the very first, since the pair have showed mating behaviour since about 3-4 months ago. Maybe the male just ate the eggs because i didn't put the pair in separate tanks from the other. FYI i have 6 mature leiurus, 2 died because fighting each other and now i have one pair and 2 of unknown sex. They are super piscivore.

And now, the 3rd batch (the 2nd succesfull batch) have hacthed.
Learning from past mistake, I divided them into 3 small tank and 1 bigger / main tank.
I'll put more pic soon.