I need some advice please.

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
APOCRAPHYA
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Dwarf puffers

Re: I need some advice please.

Post by APOCRAPHYA »

schismy007 wrote:I still think, even if you do get more males, your problem shouldn't be alleviated. Let me just give you an example. When I first got my mudskippers, I had only two, and the big male was a bit of a bully to the smaller skipper, then I got another, and after I added the 3rd, the big male no longer bullied the other one. It's almost as if he couldn't concentrate on just the one anymore, and I never had any problems from there on. :D

I'm thinking that possibly it could work the same way with your DP's. Maybe if there's a pack of them, they can't concentrate on just one and then they no longer try to bully. I mean, with all the ones that I have, surely I don't have just the right amount of males to females, and yet I don't have any problems with them bullying each other. It's just a theory of mine that when they are in a pack of their own, that they don't seem to bother other fish so much. I think they're more concerned with interacting within the pack. :)

Like I've already mentioned, I can't get anymore dp's as nowhere have them near where I live.
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB

Post by pufferpuggirl »

Okay, I only mentioned because you said you were going to look online and see if you could find a reputable fish store to order you some, that's only reason I made that comment. :?
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
APOCRAPHYA
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Dwarf puffers

Post by APOCRAPHYA »

schismy007 wrote:Okay, I only mentioned because you said you were going to look online and see if you could find a reputable fish store to order you some, that's only reason I made that comment. :?
I know, not had much luck so far :(
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB

Post by pufferpuggirl »

Hiya again, hope you don't mind, but I did some looking about and found a couple websites that you may be interested in. :)

This first one is actually located in Scotland, but they never seem to have very much showing as in-stock. For the past year they've been promising you would be able to buy many of the fish they show, but it still looks as if that's not come to fruition yet. However, you might want to have a look and give them a call and see what they say. That website is: http://www.tropicalfish-scotland.com

This second one I've actually ordered from before and had a good experience with them. And I ordered a couple of dwarf puffers as well, but that was last year. They are showing as having dwarf puffers for £3.25 each. That website is: http://www.directtropicals.co.uk -- and they also take paypal which is a good thing for me since I do alot of business on eBay. I think paypal should be accepted more places .... but that's another story for another time.

I hope these websites will be helpful to you, and if not for puffers, then maybe for something else. Good luck! :D
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"