Puffer Not Eating While On Vacation

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
bengo
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Puffer Not Eating While On Vacation

Post by bengo »

So we got our Hairy Puffer back in March. Since then he has consistently eaten once every other day. The last time he ate was the 2nd of this month which was last week. We flew out on vacation on the 4th. Our pet sitter has reported that the puffer has not eaten anything they have offered all week. Shrimp, fish, or mussel all things he normally eats. She said he saw the food but never came to get it. Its now been over a week and Im 2000 miles away worried about if we will have a puffer when we get back which isnt for another week on the 18th. The only thing I can think of is we do have MTS snails in that tank and maybe he is picking those off but have never seen him do so prior. Anyone else have a puffer just stop eating out of nowhere?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Puffer Not Eating While On Vacation

Post by Pufferpunk »

Maybe he misses you!
Tell your sitter to try live washed earthworms.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
bengo
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Re: Puffer Not Eating While On Vacation

Post by bengo »

Good news is we got home a couple weeks ago. Got word the day before we flew that he ate a shrimp piece. Looks to be good and healthy doing his normal lazy lurking. Still only eating once every 4 days but his stomach looks fine some I guess he's picking off snails sneakily.