Hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Minxxy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Hi

Post by Minxxy »

I stumbled upon your site quite by accident and man am i glad i did!
Im the proud "food lady" for 3 tanks right now, well i guess 3.5 tanks but ill explain.
I started back into the hobby in January after much discussion with my husband (mostly that was me saying i want a tank and him saying no and me moping around :lol: ) well finally he decided i moped enough and we started a freshie tank, i have a 30 tall with a bristlenose long fin pleco, Vinci, male and female electric blue ram, Solomon and Delilah, a school of neons 12, and 3 loaches, Ed Edd and Eddy(the names escape me at the moment but they stay smaller)
For mothers day my Husband bought me betas, he was cute and thought they could live together, :-| well they now share a wonderful divided condo 10 gal, Odysseus and Penelope.
Both of those tanks are highly planted.

Then last week i became the unexpected food lady to 2 Fugu puffers. RUNT AND SQUIRT. Neither was cared for properly and Runt was so emaciated i didnt think he would live the night. Alas this is the tank that brings me here and also where the half tank comes in because i have a 2.5 gallon that i have snails in :lol:

Thanks for reading and im sure i will have tons of posts
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hi

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
LOL, you mean you didn't name all your Neons to? Which species Fugu are they?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Minxxy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by Minxxy »

They are saddle back
Heres Runt

https://youtu.be/0vQ4XKVp3YM
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Do you have a cooler for them? These are cold water fish. They also grow quite large. I hope you have a huge tank for them to move to eventually. Not even sure two of them can live together without killing each other. Great article here in our library about that species and how to keep them.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"