Hello! New Puffer Lover from Michigan

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Verity
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Michigan, USA

Hello! New Puffer Lover from Michigan

Post by Verity »

Hi everyone!
I was captivated by puffers a few months ago, and decided to look into them a bit more. At that time, I had a 20 L community (with kuhlis, ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, plus amano and cherry shrimp) and 4 bettas in various 5 gals (heated and filtered). I put down two bettas due to old age and tumors, and unexpectedly lost a third a few weeks later. I am now down to my 20 L community and a 5 gal betta tank (plus a brackish tank 2.5 with opae ula shrimp), and am looking into setting up a brackish 20 gallon for a figure 8 puffer! I am in love with them as a fish, and am super excited to meet the puppy of the aquarium world. I feel pretty prepared, as I've scoured the web for info and found more than enough. That said, anyone have extra tips and tricks for caring for these wonderful creatures? I'll be sure to post pics this summer when I get the tank up and running.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hello! New Puffer Lover from Michigan

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"