im new to TPF.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Goolius Puffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States California

im new to TPF.

Post by Goolius Puffer »

Good morning/afternoon/evening,
I have my foot long Fahaka in a planted tank. My pride and joy. I also have a bit of an algea issue which i clean myself but wanted to know if anyone had any idea about an algea eater for plants and glass that my Puffer may not want to eat. Algea eater for substrate isnt necessary. We all know fahakas are like a missile when anything is put in their tank. Im mainly looking for an algea eater to clean the plants. I heard Chinese algea eaters "may" work. The worst that can happen of course is Goolius will eat it and of course then ill know. I'd prefer no fish die buuuut.
Thanks for any input. My guess is probably nothing will work and trial and error is all i can do. IF there was an algea eater that might work out, how would you suggest introducing it to the tank?

Thanks again

Puffers are life!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: im new to TPF.

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Unfortunately, 99% of all fahakas are vicious killers & won't allow any fish to live with them. Sounds like you need to find the source of the algae issue. What is your nitrate/phosphate level? Light source? Near a window? Overfeeding? Water change schedule?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"