Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Glokta
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 4 Dwarf Puffers
Location (country): Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England

Hello

Post by Glokta »

Hi, prospective puffer owner here. I aim to own 2 DP's in the future. Not sure when, as I'm currently building a trickle filter for what might be their tank. I'm carefully researching to ensure I'm certain of being able to provide adequate care, and my main worry is if I have to go into hospital or if (ultra rare occurance) I go on holiday. My lfs owner is trying to talk me out of them, but it doesn't seem to be working. He currently has 6 in a fry tank floating in one of his aquariums, because he says they're like mad dogs if he lets them out. Hmmm. I have a desperate urge to rescue them all, but don't have a tank big enough and the only tank I have cycled is a 15l snail tank!
They will have to wait.
I'm completely new to fish keeping, although we kept them when I was a child. Of course things were very different then. I hope to be up to speed sufficiently to start cycling a tank for them soon. :-|
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hello

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"