Hi from Texas

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Drvivc
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States of America

Hi from Texas

Post by Drvivc »

Good afternoon! A few weeks ago I sort of stumbled into puffer fish ownership. She was an impulse buy,sold to me as a fresh water puffer, but to the best of my ability Per Google, she's an F8 puffer, so brackish. Asked about it at the pet store & they said she could live in fresh water if pH was right. Well, everything I seem to read says she needs brackish water, so I have a box of marine salt, a refractometer on the way & with the help of your forum, I'll get this figured out. She's currently in a 12 gallon bow front tank (it was already cycled) She was pretty mad the first few days & when I add stuff to the tank, but now she seems happy. She ate every snail in the tank, and the ghost shrimp I got for her. Currently she's eating frozen Mysis shrimp & I'm thinking im going to start a separate tank for snails or shrimp to keep her fed & hunting??

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for your help, looking forward to making sure Mrs. Puff is happy & healthy.

Vivian
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hi from Texas

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"