Hi from Toronto!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
TwistOfF8
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: One GSP so far
Location (country): Canada

Hi from Toronto!

Post by TwistOfF8 »

I'm getting back into puffers after almost 30 years! I kept a brackish tank for a few years when I was in university, I had GSP's and then F8's. I also kept monos, bumblebee gobies etc. That was back in the days before internet, so we had to rely on advice from LPS staff. I started keeping aquaria when I was in elementary school and have always kept some kind of fish ever since, even if it was only a few betta tanks.

After doing a lot of research on puffers I just bought three F8's yesterday. They're in a 30 gal tank that was pre-cycled because I kept Axolotls in it for a year. I plan to transition them to a brackish environment. They share the tank with a few mollies who are busy cleaning up the hair algae. I have many questions about puffer behaviour, health and aquarium setup/maintenance which aren't answered in the information I've found so far. And I'm looking forward to just talking about my new puffers with other enthusiasts. So here I am! :D
pokeystar
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka aka Mr Big Puff
2 GSP Pickle and Noodle
My children name the fish
Location (country): Ireland

Re: Hi from Toronto!

Post by pokeystar »

Welcome, I love brackish set ups I have had some great brackish fish (mud skippers, dragon gobies, archers etc), no brackish tanks at the moment but a developing marine tank for the first time.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hi from Toronto!

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"