Greetings and pufferations

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Joyfulgrl
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Greetings and pufferations

Post by Joyfulgrl »

I've been reading this forum for five or six years.. finally made an account because gsp seems stunted.

Also hoping to set up a 55 planted tank fir the Lil fresh water pea puffer guys. The other tanks need some love before I do that though. I do have an empty 15 gallon cube that's just moss and snails that I might put a few in temporarily.

I've got the 37 with gsp
The 55 with my 3 goldfish
The 6 gallon with haole fish my betta
And the mostly empty15 cube.

I'd like to set up the 20 that's empty in the basement and do soft corals again. and I'd like another 55 for the peapuffer and some tank mates.. there's a50 rimless that was built for sps coral but I'm not feeling it right now and limited with space. So that's where I am and what I'd like to be doing..

I want to make sure gps is ok first though. Would like more inverts for existing tanks. More plants. Thinking about changing substrates..Basically don't want to set up more until I'm happier with existing tanks.. and it all adds up and gets expensive :) so that's me and my very few fishies at the moment.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Greetings and pufferations

Post by Pufferpunk »

I'd suggest using the 55g for corals. It's hard to keep a reef tank stable in a nano system. DPs would be perfectly happy in the 20g.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Joyfulgrl
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Re: Greetings and pufferations

Post by Joyfulgrl »

I'd rather nix the softies and have a55 for the dps. I'm really.. the planted tanks are more soothing right now. I really want the 4' tank at the foot of my bed with a jungle of crypts.. I could probably skip the coral and just do macro algae? In the 20. That could be pretty and low key..
Eh this is why input is good. :)