Been gone for over a year; reintroduction time

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
GaryOak
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Right now none. Still an enthusiast, but unable to provide a working habitat atm.
Location (country): Currently living in Reykjavik, Iceland. US citizen. Lived abroad all over.

Been gone for over a year; reintroduction time

Post by GaryOak »

So, it has been quite some time. I joined last year when I had some GSP's, and since have drifted away from most online stuff. Anyway, hello everybody! My name is Chris and I currently live in Reykjavik, Iceland. Whereas I do not (to my knowledge) have any resources to getting a good puffer tank together here, I still love to communicate and see what others are doing. I am currently working on my Master's thesis, focusing in Environment and Natural Resource Management and my thesis/hobby/forced obsession is urban agriculture and urban farming. I do a lot with hydroponic and aquaponic systems and have been very invested in local food sources and sustainable DIY projects. Questions of that regard or any collaborative efforts are always welcome and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. That said, just wanted to get myself back into the forum. :D
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Been gone for over a year; reintroduction time

Post by Pufferpunk »

Glad you're back posting here! How come you can't have puffers there?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
GaryOak
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Right now none. Still an enthusiast, but unable to provide a working habitat atm.
Location (country): Currently living in Reykjavik, Iceland. US citizen. Lived abroad all over.

Re: Been gone for over a year; reintroduction time

Post by GaryOak »

Pufferpunk wrote:Glad you're back posting here! How come you can't have puffers there?
thanks. I am sure somewhere you caaaaan. I have not found reliable sources tbh and not sure how they would be imported (ethical concerns). I will dabble in it a bit more in exploration; but I have not found anything so far.