Hello from Germany + some questions

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Gamma85
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Frankfurt - Germany

Hello from Germany + some questions

Post by Gamma85 »

Hey everyone,

my name is Philipp and I am from Frankfurt/Germany.

As the puffer fish community in Germany is very small I thought I join a more international forum. ;)

To start off, I have some questions and I hope it is fine if I write them right here.

Frist of all I do not own any puffer fish, but I really would love to ;) So I've read a lot in the last days, trying to gather as much information as possible. In the end I was a little confused as the information were somehow contradictory.

The tetraodon biocellatus therefore might be 1) a fish which should be held separately (it was written that they are very aggressive, when they get older) or 2) a fish that likes to be in a group. How do you keep this puffer fish?
The tetraodon nigroviridis (the other option) can be kept in groups of 2-3 but I have read about a trillion different tank sizes. starting from 100L (26gal) up to 500L (132 gal). So I do not know if a tank with the size of 120x40x30cm would be big enough (50"x16"x12")?

I am breeding dwarf shrimp and I set up a small tank for snails, so there is enough food for puffi and his friends. ;)

Cheers
Philipp
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hello from Germany + some questions

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Ianb262
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Three F8 Puffers

NON Puffers
Betta Fish
Location (country): United States

Re: Hello from Germany + some questions

Post by Ianb262 »

Welcome to the forum :D