hey everyone, a returning user

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Canary
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Tacoma, WA; United States of America

hey everyone, a returning user

Post by Canary »

Hi I'm Christopher,

So I used to use this forum back in like 2006 when I owned my first puffer. This site has greatly improved. Great job Pufferpunk, she is the only person I knew back then. I was away of the hobby for awhile and I've recently dove back in. I do not have have puffers at the moment but I own a 125 gallon with a breeding pair of cichlids. I also have a a 75 gallon, a 20 gallon, and a 5 gallon that are vacant. I'm actually looking to sell the others because I do not want have to have more than one tank running at the moment because I am a full tine student attending college.
Anyhow, I definately want to own a fahaka puffer again one day. I think they are of of the coolest freshwatet species out there. I would like to try to breed them one day also. As it seems over the years they are a lot harder to come by and more expensive then they used to be. I used to see them for $30 for 3-4 incher now they seem to be $50 - $100 at least.
Well typing long paragraphs on a smart phone seems exhausting, so I'm going to stop now.
Anyone from Western Washington state on the forum?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: hey everyone, a returning user

Post by Pufferpunk »

Hey Chris,
[welcome]
... back!

There's an article on fahaka "breeding", in our breeding forum--you might want to check it out, before you consider this.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"