Look here for updates, announcements and the forum rules.
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Rocker
Former Staff Member

Post by Rocker »

It appears that as we get more and more new members, the location of the member is not filled in on the profile page. Whilst this is not mandatory alot of people have been asking questions such as "where do I get?"
If you do not put your location or even country in your profile then please put it in your question so at least people from the same country can help.
This will ensure you receive a quicker answer from somebody rather than them asking where abouts you are located, waiting for that reply, then determining whether they can help.
Thanks.
Image Some call it a product of a mis-spent youth, I call it Rock n Roll ! Image
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

It also helps to know your location, so we can recommend available meds, cycling products, etc.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
xtc
Dwarf Puffer

Post by xtc »

not that you're looking for things to do...BUT... a local fish forum that I'm on has a members map- that would be pretty cool for TPF cause I've noticed we're all over the world! Any chance of something like that getting implimented?
manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Post by manutius »

Thats a good idea and something I've thought of getting going on my other forum. I was thinking og help with moving tanks and sharing plants or livestock with your neighbours
The Fisherman
Fahaka Puffer

Post by The Fisherman »

Ah yes, a members map would be very cool...I've seen a similar thing: a map of the internet.

It would be cool, but a lot of work. Well, at least a good looking one would be a lot of work. Not to mention the need for a filter of some kind to find how many people are in various locations. I kinda doubt that would be an option at this point. A very nice idea though :)
-John
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Post by Myaj »

LOL Thanks for the suggestion Boxermom!

As I was reading through this bumped up post I was thinking "FRAPPER!!" but you beat me to it!
PetPirate
Gone Today, Here Tomorrow
My Puffers: 3x Tetraodon Nigroviridis in full marine

Post by PetPirate »

Adding our own map, like frappr, is actually relatively easy - and something I suggested for the "puffer Locator" a while back... it will probably go on the (long) list of things to do...
Created a User Gallery yet? Go On!

Affordable Metal Halide Lamps: http://www.petpirates.com
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Post by Myaj »

There is one thing I do not like about Frapper though.. you can't edit a "pin" once you put it on there. So if it changes or something...

At least I've never been able to.

Bravenet also has one that is supposedly more customizable, you can choose your own icons for the pins, etc but the one time I played with it I couldn't get it to work.