Some server maintence tonight

Look here for updates, announcements and the forum rules.
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Some server maintence tonight

Post by Myaj »

Hello all,

I'm going to be uploading some software to our host server tonight. This should NOT affect the live board at all, but we all know how things that *should* work one way often do something unexpected in the world of software ;)

If the site goes down, grab your towel and don't panic! I'll have it back up in a few minutes.. I promise I will continuously check the live site to make sure its still doing just fine.

I will keep a window open logged into Facebook.. those of you that haven't already found it, we have a Facebook group "The Puffer Forum".. not much use really other than for emergencies but it does have a live chat so feel free to chat on there since we had to shut this one down, and give me a yell if something goes wrong on the main page here in case I haven't noticed yet. My "real" name, which might be helpful, is Amy Janecek ;) From what I can see, you need to be a friend of someone who's an admin to be admitted to the group, sorry about that but that's the way they set it up. Send me a friend request and then you can remove me from your friends after I confirm you in if you like (unless it just lets you in, I have it set that members do NOT need admin approval, but it seems sometimes they do.. yay internet).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thepufferforum/

I know there is an existing PAGE on Facebook that many of you are members of already, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.. Sunday night we created the "group" so we had some place to communicate in case things are down on the main site, and, of course, the chat is a nice bonus :)

I apologize to those who didn't get the towel reference.. just my geekiness showing, don't worry about it ;)
Dadof4
Tech Team
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!
Location (country): United States

Re: Some server maintence tonight

Post by Dadof4 »

"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
CoCoPuffs
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): usa

Post by CoCoPuffs »

:durr: :durr:
Corvus
Mentor

Post by Corvus »

sounds mostly harmless...

No FB for me though, I'm just on Google+...
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks.
Myaj
Tech Team
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish

Post by Myaj »

All done.. actually was done a while ago but I forgot to update the post :)

Corvus, I haven't checked out Google+ yet, one of these days!