Mixing Salt/Tank Maintenance

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
sarahnya
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): United Kingdom

Re: Mixing Salt/Tank Maintenance

Post by sarahnya »

Where's the best place to get a large tall water container btw (UK), when I decorate the room I'm gonna move things about so I can fit a bigger one in.
sarahnya
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): United Kingdom

Post by sarahnya »

Well I've ordered a 1400ltr per hour pump, only cost 11 quid from allpondsoloutions. Ordered appropriate tubing too so I just need a larger tub in the long run and perhaps a heater and I'm all set!
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Post by Iliveinazoo »

You can get slim-line water butts in any DIY centre. That 1400lph pump will pump to 1.8m high if I have found the correct pump. Hopefully it will be 'man enough' for the task but I think that it might struggle once it has aged a bit.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Iliveinazoo wrote:You can get slim-line water butts in any DIY centre. That 1400lph pump will pump to 1.8m high if I have found the correct pump. Hopefully it will be 'man enough' for the task but I think that it might struggle once it has aged a bit.
You may be surprised with some of these, sure i wouldn't use it on a return (eheim) but they can be quite good. Got one on my reactor and use for pumping around. Not the same brand but I will bet it's the same pump. Keep them clean should be ok
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly