API FW and SW Liquid Test Kit Color Card Comparison (PDF)

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
Headstrng
Dwarf Puffer
Location (country): USA

API FW and SW Liquid Test Kit Color Card Comparison (PDF)

Post by Headstrng »

Hey everyone -

Just wanted to post a side-by-side breakdown of these 2 kits. Both were scanned at the same time. I had previously been more alarmed at differences I saw on the internet, but having both physical cards, they are different....but only slightly. To illustrate this, the PDF has both cards at the top, and then a solution-by-solution comparison. The only difference in the kits themselves is that freshwater will also come with a standard pH solution, saltwater does not. Other than that and the color cards included, they are identical. I hope this helps clear up the differences in kits.

It's important to note that it's ALWAYS better to have the actual card instead of a printout, due to inconsistent color gamut issues between printers. API's customer service is excellent - I told them my issue of buying the incorrect kit, and they just sent me the freshwater card in the mail, free of charge. Take advantage of that if needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0_SUh ... sp=sharing

Let me know if you experience issues viewing or downloading. TPF doesn't permit PDF attachments or allow a JPG of decent size - so the link is what I've got.

Later TPF-ites!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.