led night light question

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
rabbit91476
Puffer Fry

led night light question

Post by rabbit91476 »

pet co had a marine land 28 euro with stand (that I didn't like the stand.) and led light for 209 after mail in rebate. but it got me thinking. Will a Red eye puffer do ok with the night led lights.
Welch4
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): USA

Re: led night light question

Post by Welch4 »

Im not sure about other puffs but i know my gsp likes to sleep either in a cave or with an overhang above him. Basically if you provide refuge from the light source I wouldnt see an issue
Forget other advice about puffers you don't hear here - Pufferpunk
gkai
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): Belgium

Re: led night light question

Post by gkai »

Welch4 wrote:Im not sure about other puffs but i know my gsp likes to sleep either in a cave or with an overhang above him. Basically if you provide refuge from the light source I wouldnt see an issue
I have a hand made, very faint, night light, an ikea led bar. Basically it is faint enough that I have trouble to see in the tank, even with my "night eyes" (i.e. when you are in the dark for 30+ minutes). All my fishes, including 2 irrubesco, seems to like it. They go to sleep ( or are more active, for the irrubesco, pattern is maximum activity around the light on and light off, resting at "noon" and "midnight") fine, but it is better imho than the complete dark I had before. It gives fry and small shrimp a chance to escape predation (not sure, in the complete dark it would be chance predation or hunting by scent/touch), but also because when i faintly light the room in the night, the change is less so it's less disturbing to the fishes.