Skimmer rigging

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
xvCODY
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Smudge - 1.5 inch GSP
Location (country): United States

Re: Skimmer rigging

Post by xvCODY »

I hear The Fish Doctor in OB is good but haven't been there personally. Fishey Business here in BG is good but a little pricey since they control the market. They get shipments on Thursday and Friday if you're going to make a trip down sometime.
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)

Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish
Location (country): United States of America

Post by FADE2BLACK_1973 »

xvCODY wrote:I hear The Fish Doctor in OB is good but haven't been there personally. Fishey Business here in BG is good but a little pricey since they control the market. They get shipments on Thursday and Friday if you're going to make a trip down sometime.

Yeah The Fish Doctor is a pretty good fishshop but only open afew hours on Fridays and Saturdays here lately is a big turn off. I have done business with the owner, way back when he owned a different fishshop. He does great deals with me and can order fish for you. But that new store hours just kills me when Im hardly ever in Owensboro on weekends anymore. Btw, so Fishey Business is the only fishshop that carries saltwater in BG and how pricey are they? I been thinkin about doing a scorpionfish tank and been looking for a fishshop that carries scorpionfish and mid sized lionfishes. Probley be going with my best friend to check out Fishey Business sometime soon. Fishshops that carry live saltwater fish and coral are really hard to come by anymore around here. Owensboro was full of fishshops that carried saltwater fish but most went out of business and the the ones that remain just stopped carrying saltwater fish and coral all together. I used to got to Evansville, Indiana for great saltwater fish and their prices was very affordable. But they too have did the same as Owensboro fishshops. There is only one fishshop that carries live saltwater fish there now.
Chris,

He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
xvCODY
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by xvCODY »

I've only ever seen 1 Lionfish at Fishey Business ever and i believe it was listed for $65. The coral and inverts get expensive. I usually buy just frags as i can't afford like, $85 for a toadstool leather or $115 for a clam. Their regular hermits cost 2.99 each, snails the same and emerald crabs are $12. To me that's like 3x the turnover for what i know they're paying for them.

The employees also there are, for lack of a better word, cuties. The owner is a snobby woman towards me, so are 2 of 4 men that work there. Her husband is VERY knowledgeable and nice. If you've seen pics of me in the the forums you'll understand when i say they treat me like a punk and act like i steal. (Because i'm heavily tattooed and pierced).

All in all the store is good if you can get around the almost inevitable horrible customer service.

They also sell GSPs like it's nobody's business. My boss at work told me they sold her a 20g tank with 3 gouramis, 5 tiger barbs, a cory cat, 2 kissing fish, 2 rosey barbs and a gsp and said they could all live together. I just can't believe they would rather make money from someone that's uninformed rather than keep their fish alive.
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer

Once owned:
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish

Thanks for the info on that store. Now I dont have to waste gas going down their..lol. Evansville had a all saltwater store called Aquariums Plus and they was the best saltwater shop around. Their prices was wholesale to everyone and they had everything you could think or not even think of. 800 gal. tank with sharks swimming around. I wished one would open up let that one again and with their prices. I never had nothing to die from that fishshop. Too bad they sold out over 8 years ago :( .
Chris,

xvCODY
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by xvCODY »

If youre in the BG area you should stop by FB. They do have a pretty nice setup but like i said, you kinda have to haggle a little. They did have a really nice 360 degree round tank, like 600g, that rotated but the rotating motor went out and they broke it down.
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer

Once owned:
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish

Me and my friend might end going to Fishey Business sometime. I went to The Fish Doctor and their prices went high and did not have hardly anything. $150 for their small hippo tangs. I never seen any around here be priced that high. If I dont find what I am wanting by the time I get my 75 cycled and ready. I might just have to order online. Fishshops are not what they used to be anymore.
Chris,

xvCODY
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by xvCODY »

I agree. I may go check out the new livestock at FB tomorrow. haven't been there in about 2 weeks partially because i can't go in and walk out without something new.