Python Water Changer?

Got any home remedies or DIY projects? Share them here!
Problems with your tank's equipment? We can help!
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: Python Water Changer?

Post by bertie 83 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Pop a photo of what you got on and I will give you photos of what you need. Gonna need a pic of your preferred tap too. Out of interest what store did you visit? I get tons of customers appearing when I'm in for fish tank questions, all the other staff know it's my forte lol they tell them to come back at 3.
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly

DDR2
Puffer Fry
Location (country): U.S.A

Post by DDR2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 am

Worst case, you'll have to go online and buy an adapter from python or someone that carries them. If your pressure is low (a problem I've dealt with) , make sure all air is purged from the hose. Start at the tank and lift the hose so air is forced towards the faucet until it's out. Also large debris can sometimes clog the faucet connection, so keep an eye on that. I agree with Bertie that changing water is better than just removing debris, but as a supplement to water changes, it can't hurt.

Glokta
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 4 Dwarf Puffers
Location (country): Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England

Post by Glokta » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:41 am

If you get it going let me know, I have a 35 gallon, and rheumatoid arthritis. Buckets is out, but a python looks like good sense. Unfortunately I have difficulty turning valves and taps, so need levers, or some sort of adaptation.