Capercaillie

Look! A section for non-puffer and/or non-aquarium photos! Oh joy!
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Capercaillie

Post by Troender »

I once was talking about capercaillie here, and shared a few YouTube videos. Today I found one I really had to share. This capercaillie is really confused about the seasons (or at least very, very early in starting his mating). This is mating rituals, and they don't mate in the winter. What the man says to the bird is: "Can you please go away?" In a very nice voice though. :lol: I love those birds, but they can be pretty nasty to meet when they are in the mating season. They get pretty aggressive. Kaisa loves them too, as this is the kind of birds she is supposed to hunt. We see some of them every now and then. This video is not one I have filmed though.

Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Capercaillie

Post by Pufferpunk »

I could see them getting really nasty with that beak! Love hos he clicks it though.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Re: Capercaillie

Post by Troender »

Pufferpunk wrote:I could see them getting really nasty with that beak!
Yes, they are not to be messed with when they are like this. No sense of who is the biggest, and only thinking about showing off. They lose all sense, only being driven by their hormones.
And, yes, that beak is massive, and they can do damage if they hit. But they are beautiful birds, and pretty large. You should see one taking off from the ground. I see that a lot, when taking Kaisa out in the woods. Or, rather, I hear it. They don't fly very well, being large and heavy. Besides, they often stay amongst the trees, so when they take off, you can hear lots of small branches flying off the trees. :lol: They are not very silent... :lol:
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin