Compete with your pufferpics here!
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?
Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!
Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 674
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:57 am
- My Puffers: 23in Mbu, donated to SEA Aquarium
4in Fahaka 150g
- Location (country): singapore
RTR wrote:Sorry if I stepped on toes! I really did not mean to attack or upset anyone. But that explanation of the phantom reflections is one of the commonest tank myths.
There is light reflection from bare bottom glasses, and/or shadows from the fish which can startle or spook them. Some bottom covering for me makes the fish much more normal in behavior. Only pelagic or ultra-deep FW fish see no bottom. Most of our hobby fish definitely see the bottom of their world and may see shadows but underwater bottom reflections have to be rare in the wild but universal in substrate-free tanks.
If I do a blurb on side-glass reflections, will Dadof4 shoot me? Diagrams and photos? Can the library take that?
In order not to hijack this thread, I have opened another to do a discussion on this topic. Sorry RTR, I understand your frustration to having explain this again and again and again. pls tell me what I did wrong in the video. Link below.
I am not a Troll, I am just pissed..!
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 1812
- Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:04 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).
- Location: Askim, Norway
There's still time to vote!
And for the discussion on reflection, why not start a topic about it, and move the discussion there?
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin
Master of Puffers
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: target puffer
6 dwarf puffers
- Location (country): La Belle Province
bertie 83 wrote:Rtr can come across as blunt, he just gets to the point without waffling. He certainly would not attack you lol.
For myself..I've been an internet citizen since ..gosh before 1990...back into the mid 1980's with ye olde bulletine boardes.... It takes a feck of a lot to attack me personally....
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.