Don't make me beg! Lets get this month off to an early and good start! We already have 2 excellent entries, but that means we need 8 more! So get those shutters clicking, those puffers posing and the email a-sendin..
Rules and directions for submitting an entry:
1. The contest is open to active posting members of The Puffer Forum only, all entrants must have a minimum of 25 posts in the forum, at the time of submission, to qualify for this competition.
2. Only one photo submission per forum member, per monthly contest. Non-winning photos entered in previous contests may be resubmitted in following months. Winning photos are not eligible for re-entry, as they are automatically entered in the Puffer of the Year contest.
3. The photo must contain at least one puffer (or puffer related species such as boxfish, cowfish, burrfish, etc). Multiple puffers or other fish are allowed in the photo.
4. Entrant must be the actual photographer of the pictures. Any pictures submitted found to be in violation of copyrights will be immediately disqualified and removed.
5. Graphically edited or "Photoshopped" images are acceptable, as long as all content of the photo belongs to the submitting member. In other words, editing the background of your photo to make it more asthetically pleasing or interesting is acceptable, pasting a puffer from a photo you do not have rights to over your own background is not.
6. A total of 10 entries will be accepted each month. In the case of more than 10 photos being entered into the competition, the first ten entered will be used for the current month's contest and the remainder will be automatically entered into the next month's competition. In the case of less than 10 entries, the contest will be put on hold until the following month and 10 entries are submitted.
7. The Puffer Forum reserves the right to save any or all contest submissions for on-site use in any part of The Puffer Forum (examples include illustrating library articles or species profiles). When a photo is used in such a manner, credit will be given to the appropriate party who submitted the picture if possible.
How to Enter:
Photo entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com by the 20th of the current month. Do NOT post your entries in this forum! They must be submitted via email.
Please include your forum username in the subject or body of the email! Without this identifier we have no idea who submitted the photo and it will NOT be entered into the contest.
Voting will begin on the 20st of the current month, via a Poll, and continue for 10 days, at which point the winner will be announced. If necessary, a 5 day tiebreaker vote will follow.
Entrant must try to provide as much of the following information as possible with their pictures:
A. Puffer pictures:
- Name of Puffer
- Age (if known)
- Brief description - ie location if photographed on dive or at public aquarium, tankmates, etc.
Pictures must meet the following technical specifications:
- An attachment, no links to personal websites, photo albums or sites such as Photobucket please
- File format: JPEG
- File size: 250kb or less.
- Physical size: 800 pixels or less in any direction.
Note: Any picture not meeting these requirements possibly may not be considered for the contest due to the time required to alter the pictures. (You can easily resize your image here: http://www.imageeditor.net/ )
An example of a proper entry is as follows:
Joe-Bobs puffer photo entry for February
Here is my entry for February's contests.
My Dwarf puffer "Puffy":
- Species: Carinotetraodon travancoricus
- Age: 2 years
- Size: 1 inch
- *250kb, 800x800, Jpeg image of Puffy*