One of my GSP passed

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
kudos1uk
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United Kngdom

One of my GSP passed

Post by kudos1uk »

I have had my rescue Puffy's since 2016 and just lost one yesterday, so sad.

They both have been happy in their home but one just never grew, "Mini" stayed the same size while "Buster" just gets fatter and fatter probably 4 times bigger.

Mini had a good appetite, would always make sure she had her share of the food but just never grew, in the last few months (maybe up to a year) she would have a dark belly that would return to white when she left the bottom and came for food or got active, recently she has got darker and thinner until eventually she appeared weak and lethargic, the last few days she has not even eaten at all an literally starved herself to death, poor thing.

She never had any obvious problem with her beak and I have examined the body and it does not look overgrown which would have been the obvious conclusion.

I'm totally lost what her issue was, I can only assume she always had some underlying problem due to her not growing in 4 years.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: One of my GSP passed

Post by Pufferpunk »

:rip: Was she treated for IPs?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
kudos1uk
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United Kngdom

Re: One of my GSP passed

Post by kudos1uk »

Pufferpunk wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:35 pm :rip: Was she treated for IPs?
I have not treated them for parasites but I assumed if one had them, they both would and buster is so huge. their poo has also been quite regular looking so I had not given it a second thought.