New guy, Problem with congo puffer!

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
Hghlndr85
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

New guy, Problem with congo puffer!

Post by Hghlndr85 »

Well i will start by saying hi. I am new here and hsve been a memer on mfk for years. I have been in the fish hobby ten years. I love keeping rare,predator fish.
I have a congo puffer that i have had year and a half now. He has slways been active begs for food. He eats pellets,shrimp, shellfish when he wants to. I have found a problem with him recently. He has gone 2-3 week without eating. At first i though he beak may need to be trimmed. It seemed like he wanted to est but couldn't. I sedated him, took and out and checked his chompers. His teeth did not appear to be overgrown.i did trim them while i had him out. He recovered quick but still would not eat. He would circle his food but could not eat it. When i had him out it almost appeared that the skin from his mouth was over growing his beak and was getting in the way of his mouth operating correctm i did notice a while ballon type thing inside his mouth when i had him out. It appeared to inflate and deflate. Any help here would be appriciated i don't want to lose him. Btw temp is 80-81 water parameters are fine.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: New guy, Problem with congo puffer!

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Can you get a good photo of his mouth?
What had his diet been like?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"