Fahaka puffer jumped out of tank and is all dirty

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
Amandamaddux24
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Bonney lake Washington

Fahaka puffer jumped out of tank and is all dirty

Post by Amandamaddux24 »

My son over filled the tank and our puffer jumped out. Luckily my grama was in the room so I was able to get him right back into the water. He is breathing and moving his fins but just sitting at the bottom of the tank with his back to me, which is not normal, he usually faces the front of the tank and when he sees me swims to the top. He also has dirt and cat hair on him. He didn't puff up and I dont want to stress him out anymore than this expierence already has, but I'm worried I should clean the gunk off of him in dont want any bacteria or infections to set in. I dont see any open wounds on him and I added some stress coat to help keep his slime up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated he is my first puffer.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Fahaka puffer jumped out of tank and is all dirty

Post by Pufferpunk »

It'll wash off as he rehydrates his skin & starts swimming around. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, keep a tight cover on that tank! It's only a matter of time before he jumps out again.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"